Bergen County Commercial Mortgage Loans
Bergen County Commercial Mortgage Rates - Rates updated January 22nd, 2022
|Loan Product||Rates (start as low as)||LTV|
|Multifamily Mortgage Rates (Over $6,000,000)||2.79%||Up to 80%||Get Free Quote|
|Multifamily Mortgage Rates (Under $6,000,000)||3.33%||Up to 80%||Get Free Quote|
|Single Tenant Lease Rates||3.59%||Up to 75%||Get Free Quote|
|Business Real Estate Loans||3.75%||Up to 90%||Get Free Quote|
|Commercial Mortgage Rates||3.78%||Up to 75%||Get Free Quote|
Select Commercial is a leading commercial real estate lender. We have excellent commercial mortgage loan products and options available for owners and purchasers of commercial real estate and multifamily buildings throughout Bergen County. While we lend across the entire continental United States, we are able to give our best rates and loan programs to certain areas that we feel are strong markets. Bergen County is an area we consider to be a premium market and we actively look to originate good quality loans here for our clients. We have a diverse array of many available loan products to help qualified Bergen County borrowers looking to purchase or refinance a commercial property. If you are looking to obtain a multifamily building loan or commercial real estate loan, don't hesitate to contact us. There are many reasons why our customers like doing business with Select Commercial. We have a simplified application process and we do not charge any upfront application or processing fees. We typically offer 24-hour pre-approvals with no-cost and no-obligation. Our long term fixed rates are excellent, and we look to close within 45 days of application.
Bergen County Commercial Mortgage Benefits
Bergen County commercial mortgage rates start as low as 2.79% (as of January 22nd, 2022)
• A commercial mortgage broker with over 30 years of lending experience
• No upfront application or processing fees
• Simplified application process
• Up to 80% LTV on multifamily, 75% on commercial (90% with SBA)
• Terms and amortizations up to 30 years
• Loans for purchase and refinance, including cash-out
• 24 hour written pre-approvals with no cost and no obligation
Recent TRUSTPILOT Reviews
Select Commercial Funding Reviews from TRUSTPILOT
A three year journey
"Thanks Stephen for all of your hard work in getting our deal closed! I appreciate your professionalism and patience throughout a complicated process. You always were there for my partner and I whenever we had questions and needed answers quick. It was a pleasure to have worked with you and Select Commercial!"
2021 Commercial Mortgage Rates Outlook
The COVID-19 pandemic seriously depressed the demand for apartment living space across the Unites States. One of the biggest factors that directly impacts apartment demand and household formation is a given market’s availability of jobs. The pandemic caused many people to be out of work and many other people to work remotely. Consequently, many prospective tenants such as new graduates lived with their parents or friends. With increased hiring in 2021 and many people returning to their in-office jobs, there has been a big rise in the demand for nationwide apartment housing. As more and more young graduates can return to work, this trend should continue throughout 2021. Commercial mortgage rates for apartment buildings have been at all-time lows throughout 2021 and experts don’t anticipate them to go up soon. The office and retail sectors did not fare so well in 2020 due to the pandemic. Many businesses shut down, brick and mortar retail shops had a hard time doing business and many companies implemented work from home policies. Many lenders were very conservative when considering commercial mortgage applications for these sectors. With vaccinations increasing and many states removing restrictions, business profitability has risen throughout 2021. In 2021, we are seeing companies hiring again after a dismal 2020. During 2021, it is estimated that more than 6.5 million workers will be added to company payrolls, many of them needing office space. Commercial mortgage lenders are not extremely bullish on the office sector and commercial mortgage rates, while attractive, are not as low as some other asset classes. Meanwhile, we are not seeing commercial mortgage lenders lend aggressively on retail properties in 2021. While the loans that lenders do fund may be at lower commercial mortgage rates, they aren’t as low as other asset classes and borrowers are having a difficult time obtaining high leverage loans in 2021.
Industrial properties are emerging well positioned from the pandemic and are expected to perform well in 2021 and beyond. The rapid growth of e-commerce, especially during the pandemic, is causing strong demand for industrial and warehouse space. 2021 has been a strong year for industrial absorption and sales prices of suitable industrial space has skyrocketed. Industrial properties currently are receiving very attractive commercial mortgage rates as this market is receiving a lot of attention. Experts believe that close to $578 billion of commercial mortgages and multifamily loans will be funded in 2021. This is over a 30% increase from 2020’s volume of $442 billion. As commercial mortgage rates remain at all-time lows, 2021 is a great time for prospective borrowers to look for commercial mortgage loans. Right now in 2021, commercial mortgage rates can be in the high 2% range for qualified properties and borrowers. Apartment loans above $6 million can qualify for rates in the mid- high 2% range while apartment loans below $6 million are generally being underwritten in 2021 in the low to mid 3% range. Many lenders are financing commercial mortgage loans for other asset types in the low to mid 3% range as well in 2021. Check out our low commercial real estate loan rates and use our commercial mortgage calculator to calculate monthly principal and interest.
Commercial Mortgage Rate Trends in 2020
At the beginning of 2020 the overall market outlook did not suggest any crucial factors that would negatively impact the commercial mortgage market. Commercial mortgage lenders and investors expected a very profitable 2020. Almost 65 percent of the top commercial real estate companies believed that commercial mortgage loan originations would go up this year and over 15 percent anticipated an overall rise of over 5 percent. Data released at the beginning of 2020 indicated that commercial mortgage lenders were expected to close over $680 billion of commercial mortgage loans this year. Experts were of the belief that commercial mortgage lenders would remain bullish about making loans. In addition, as commercial mortgages rates were expected to go down most industry leaders were convinced that borrowers in 2020 will have a strong desire to take out commercial mortgage loans. However, with the recent outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic, the US and global economy has been incredibly unstable. The stock market seems to be bottoming out and commercial mortgage rates have been hit very hard. While the Fed has dropped short term interest rates, long term commercial mortgage rates have actually been rising. Huge cities like New York are shutting down. In this economic climate, many investors are scared to purchase commercial real estate and to take out commercial mortgages. Additionally, the oil industry has been hit hard. Not only are people traveling less due to coronavirus, China and Russia are currently involved in a price war which is driving the price of oil way down. Many people are optimistic that as spring and summer roll in and public health officials learns how to handle this pandemic, the economy should regain its strength.
Bergen Commercial Mortgage Loan Options
Our staff is professional and knowledgeable, and we look forward to working with you on your next commercial mortgage transaction. We arrange financing in Bergen County for the following:
- Multifamily Building Loans – we actively lend on garden apartments, high-rise multifamily buildings, student housing complexes, underlying cooperatives, and all other types of residential dwellings. We consider loan requests up to 80% LTV. We offer loans with and without recourse (personal guarantees) and with and without prepayment penalties. We offer fixed rate loans with terms from 3 to 30 years.
- Office Building Loans – we lend on all types of office properties, including multi-tenant and single tenant buildings in all locations. We lend on both owner occupied and investor properties. We typically lend up to 75% LTV on investor properties and up to 90% on owner occupied properties. Most loans are written for either 5, 7, or 10 years at a fixed rate with a 25-year amortization.
- Retail Building Loans – we gladly consider requests for commercial mortgage loans on shopping centers, retail strip centers, and individual retail stores. We are a little bit more conservative on retail loans these days based on the current climate for retailers and will consider LTV ratios of 65%-75% depending on the deal. We actively lend on NNN single tenant retail locations such as Starbuck’s, CVS, Walgreens, Dollar General, and other national credit rated tenants.
- Industrial Property Loans – we love to lend on warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing facilities and other industrial properties. Often, these properties are owner occupied by the owner’s business. We also lend on multi-tenant industrial properties as well. We look for properties in good locations with access to population centers and transportation.
- Single/Special Use Loans – we have a special lending division that understands small business lending secured by owner occupied businesses such as motels, gas stations, restaurants, car washes, retail stores, and other specialty properties. Many banks have a hard time with this type of lending as they often do not understand the underlying businesses.
- Investment Property Loans – any and all income producing property will be considered. We are cash flow driven lenders and look for properties that generate positive cash flow for their owners. We will consider portfolios of single family residences under this group.
- Bridge Loans – many borrowers do not qualify for regular institutional financing due to various short-term obstacles which need to be resolved before they can qualify for bank type financing. These borrowers often require short term loans, or bridge loans, to overcome these short-term problems.
Bergen County Commercial Mortgage Loans
Select Commercial provides commercial mortgage loans and multifamily financing throughout Bergen County and the state of New Jersey including, but not limited to, the areas below.
Allendale • Alpine • Bergenfield • Bogota • Carlstadt • Cliffside Park • Closter • Cresskill • Demarest • Dumont • East Rutherford • Edgewater • Elmwood Park • Emerson • Englewood • Englewood Cliffs • Fair Lawn • Fairview • Fort Lee • Franklin Lakes • Garfield • Glen Rock • Hackensack • Harrington Park • Hasbrouck Heights • Haworth • Hillsdale • Ho Ho Kus • Leonia • Little Ferry • Lodi • Lyndhurst • Mahwah • Maywood • Midland Park • Montvale • Moonachie • New Milford • North Arlington • Northvale • Norwood • Oakland • Old Tappan • Oradell • Palisades Park • Paramus • Park Ridge • Ramsey • Ridgefield • Ridgefield Park • Ridgewood • River Edge • River Vale • Rochelle Park • Rockleigh • Rutherford • Saddle Brook • Saddle River • South Hackensack • Teaneck • Tenafly • Teterboro • Upper Saddle River • Waldwick • Wallington • Washington Township • Westwood • Woodcliff Lake • Wood-Ridge • Wyckoff